Monday, October 7, 2013

Sweet baby moment

Calvin was difficult to get to sleep tonight.  Should have expected it though, he had a good long nap and I was even able to nap for a bit.  We are both fighting colds so it was very much needed.

I gave in after him crying and crying and crying, brought him downstairs so that Peyton could at least fall asleep.  He built himself a nest on the couch of blankets.  I gave her 10 minutes to fall asleep (though she was probably out in 30 seconds).  And tried again with him...

2 minutes later "mommy, mommy, mommy"   ugh

He sounded desperate.  Back up to check.  "my blankie"  He kicked had kicked it off.  So I tucked him back in and gave him a kiss goodnight. again. 

"thank you mommy"   oh fine, just melt my heart after all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment